Pre-Conference Workshop! Sunday April 7, 2013
We are extremely pleased to present an additional afternoon of programming in conjunction with the Louisiana SHRM State Conference on Human Resources.
Join us on Sunday, April 7, 2013 from 1 PM to 4 PM at the Baton Rouge River Center for a session presented by Jennifer McClure who will be our Monday afternoon keynote speaker. This session requires a separate registration and is open to ANYONE - whether attending the Louisiana SHRM State Conference or not. Pricing and registration link are listed below. (pre-approved for 2.75 HRCI recertification credit hours - General)
Using Social Media in HR & Recruiting
Social Media has, for some time, been touted as the “next big thing” in HR for professional development, recruiting talent and engaging with employees/potential employees - and even customers.
So why is it that HR is often lagging in getting on board with social media and learning how to maximize it for professional growth and to meet key organizational objectives? Concerns often include potential violations of employment laws, security breaches and lost productivity. Also, with so many tools out there, it’s difficult to determine which ones to get involved with and whether or not they are appropriate for your organization.
In this session, we’ll address how successful HR pros just like you are using social media to develop professionally and grow their careers – without breaking any rules. We’ll also review examples of how companies and organizations of all sizes and industries are using social media to positively impact the critical talent strategies within their organizations.
- Opportunities for career and professional development through involvement in social media
- Understanding how to choose the right tools or platforms to meet objectives
- Developing social media guidelines to match your company’s culture & encourage effective use
- Examples of how HR professionals are successfully using social media to develop their careers, facilitate communication within their organizations and attract/recruit talent
- Examples of how companies – both large and small – are using social media to execute their talent strategies
- Examples of Social Media Policies Guidelines that can be useful in creating one specific for your organization
Primary Learning Objective:
Understand how to use social media for professional & career development, as well as how to effectively use various tools for attracting, recruiting & engaging employees.
SHRM Member (chapter or national) - $65.00
Non-member - $89.00
Full-time Student - $65.00